Whether we’re driving off somewhere we are not very familiar with in the country or we’re off to explore new sights in a totally foreign land; we can now easily find our way around thanks to online directions that we can readily access wherever we are.
Mapquest Driving Directions.com in Missouri
There are actually several online sites that can be categorized as the best driving directions site, depending on our location and how much information we need. Nevertheless, these sites can take us to wherever we are going and back in the easiest possible way.
Directions in Filipino
Are you wanting to switch careers or explore new job options? Perhaps you are unhappy with your current career, but unsure of what your options are. Maybe you have so many options that you feel overwhelmed. Whatever your situation, taking some time out for a self-evaluation prior to making any big change is a smart move. It's probably been a while since you last thought about your natural talents and abilities! Career coaching can help you uncover and identify those talents and abilities that, once realized, can lead you on a journey to greater career fulfillment.
Try the following brainstorming exercise, meant to help you pull out the best parts of your professional personality. All you need is a pen and paper or your computer, and some quiet time to reflect. There are no right or wrong answers here. Just be honest with yourself. When we're reasonable about what we can achieve, we're better matched to a future position, one that satisfies us because we're already inclined to perform that particular role and do it well.
1. As a child, what types of leisure activities did you enjoy most?
(Were you handy with tools? Good at making crafts? Did you write stories, enjoy brain teasers? What about sports or outdoor exploration? Were you a budding entrepreneur, with lemonade stands, a paper route, or other lucrative childhood pursuits? What about science projects or caring for and spending time with pets?)
2. When asked to volunteer for a group project, whether it's on the job, with your church, school, or another place, in which areas do you typically offer your assistance?
3. Which electives did you sign up to take in high school, college, or other training school? Out of those, which classes stand out in your mind as being the easiest and most enjoyable for you? Which ones did you get the best grades in, and for what types of assignments or projects?
4. What extracurricular activities did you participate in at your high school and/or college?
(To which groups did you belong, and what areas did you sign up to offer your contributions? Were you on the school paper or yearbook committee? Did you enjoy building stage sets for the theater group or work as a deejay for your school radio program? Were you a sports team member or assistant coach? Computer or math club?)
5. Think back to all the memorable moments in your life where you were congratulated or acknowledged for your efforts. What did you do at that time to warrant recognition? If you can think back to notes of thanks, testimonials or other expressions of appreciation, what messages did people have to say about your best qualities?
6. When asked to write your performance reviews for previous jobs, which areas did you most excel at, and in what ways? Take some time to explain, citing examples of moments where you exhibited stellar performance on the job.
When you're finished writing out the answers to the above questions, go back and re-read your answers. What personal attributes can you see popping up repeatedly over the course of your life? Can you think of different types of jobs where you'd be able to best utilize these skills and personal strengths?
Congratulations! You have just taken the first necessary step to uncovering your career skillset. Now try your hand at writing your resume. If you have additional questions or want to take the next step in uncovering a career that fits for you, review the career coaching and career teleclasses page from HallieCrawford.com for more information.
Copyright 2006 Hallie Crawford. All rights reserved.
Career Icebreaker: Finding Your Hidden Talents and Resources
Do your customers know how to find your brick-and-mortar business? Sure, you hired a great Web site design company to overhaul your old site, improved your online presence with some pay per click advertising, and now Internet traffic is picking up. But if your business depends on people walking through your front door or front gate, do customers know where to go?
One sign of trouble is phone calls from people asking for directions, especially when they call from within a five minute drive of your business. Why can't they find you?
A good solution is a printable street map on your Web site. You might have expected people to type your street address into Google Maps or Yahoo! Maps, but think how much easier it is for users to find and print a map from your own site.
Here are some options:
- Scan an existing picture from your brochure into a computer and resize it on a Web page. Unfortunately the results rarely look as crisp and clean as they did on glossy paper, especially the words which may become unreadable.
- Hire a Web developer to create an interactive map with a tool such as Adobe Flash. Be aware that some users' browsers may not have the technology needed to view the results, so you may lose customers.
- Hire an artist to draw a custom map, including your building (or buildings) and main entrance. This is the best way to get a map exactly the way you want it to look.
- Hire a Web developer to use a mapping service such as Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps or MapQuest on your Web site. If done well, this option provides the best interactive mapping experience for users.
- Show a screenshot of an interactive map on your site. This will frustrate experienced map users because they'll click on the picture, trying to pan or zoom.
If you design a custom map:
- Show relevant streets and cross streets, with readable street names.
- Show customers where to park and where to find the main entrance.
- Include a simple direction indicator. To prevent confusion, place north at the top of the drawing, no matter which direction customers will face at your front door or gate.
- Consider showing more than one map at different zoom levels, to help customers find your business at the state, city and street levels.
If you use a mapping service:
- Make the map large enough for users to see everything they need to see (especially buildings and street names) without zooming or scrolling.
- Shape-based maps (typically with colored lines for streets on white backgrounds) are easier to understand than satellite photos. As an option, you may include controls to switch to satellite photos.
- To let users interact with the map, include controls for zooming and scrolling.
- If your map has a "find directions to us" theme, pre-load your street address into the text boxes of the destination.
For any type of map:
- Make sure users can find the map page. Keep it near the top of site navigation, not buried layers deep in menu options such as Information - Visit Us - Location - Map
- Try printing your map. Is it big and clear enough to be read while riding in a car?
I saved the most important tip for last: no matter what type of map you use, show your street address (with number and name) on your home page, or even on every page of your Web site. With a well-designed map and a clearly visible street address on your site, foot traffic is sure to increase.
Online Driving Maps - What Are the Most Popular Ones?
If you have a website, write articles, or want to profit through an affiliate program than this is gold to you! These keywords are the actual top 11 on the internet. Use them and you are on your way to increased traffic, profits and results. Here they are and a little about each to help you on your way.
1) Paris Hilton. Whether we like it or not Paris and her wild lifestyle are here to stay as she is now considered one of the biggest stars. She is sought after by almost every fashion designer and her keywords will do well with any fashion or clothing content.
2) Google. Well, this one is obvious as Google is the largest search engine (regardless what Yahoo says). Being that Google is a search engine it can be used in any content, but works best with relation to websites, search engines, computers and software.
3) Yahoo. The second largest search engine and distant second on Pay per Click campaigns - very, very distant at that. The same will work for Yahoo. Stick with computer related material and you will do well.
4) Ebay. The worlds largest marketplace and auction. Ebay, for the most part is a wholesale marketplace. It is ruled by feedback and can give you a good idea as to the real value of a car (check eBay motors). On eBay anything goes including people selling tattoo advertising on themselves. In other words, anything can be linked to eBay in one way or another. Yes, there is even porn on Ebay.
5)Eminem. Yes, the real slim shady is back. According to R and B and rap he never left as he is the number one rapper currently. If you need content on current music or teen and young adult topics Eminem is sure to bring you visitors.
6) Britney Spears. She was the hottest pinup for teens and preteens, but now she is probably pregnant again. I wonder why Kevin Federline didn't make the list - is it that he isn't a good singer? Britney is great for adolescent or music related
7) mapquest. Want to know where something is or how to get there. Being that we are getting closer to summer people are plotting out there vacations. Or, maybe, due to increasing gas prices thanks to George Bush, maybe they are figuring that its too far and will cost too much in gas. I bet if Hillary Clinton were President these gas prices wouldn't be any higher than $1.60 per gallon. These high gas prices have to do with the Bush family and their ties to big oil and energy. See, Mapquest can be linked to just about any content you want if you just try a little.
8) Tsunami. Even though the big one is over. Relief efforts are still in effect and so are the relief efforts for Katrina. Hint - these people still need lots of help. Tsunami is probably a big keyword due to the recent specials on TV about the next possible tsunami that might hit America. People are concerned and interested over these large scale natural disasters. When is the next earthquake going to hit California, will atsunami hit New York, and what will this hurricane season bring?
9) Girls. Yes, of course. There are millions of perverts and closet perverts out there that are a little over-fascinated with girls. As Donald Trump once said, "sex sells." Yes it does and nothing sells better than women or girls. They can sell anything including the worst items in infomercials and complete scams. A beautiful girl just needs to show a little cleavage and TV ratings soar. Just think what girls can do for your content.
10) American Idol. This is the top rated TV show and its in its 5th or 6th season. It has launched one star - Kelly Clarkson and a bunch of duds. Randy, Paula and simon have now become household names along with Ryan Seacrest. Any content you can tie into the current cast will do well. The previous casts should be avoided as they will soon go back to karaoke and such at local bars.
11) Skin care and skin treatment. This has always been a big one with women. It has been rumored that women will go without food before they will go without makeup and such. Just ask any department store how important skin care and skin treatment products are to their bottem line. Watch Shop NBC - almost every product on there has something to do with skin care and skin treatment for women. There are a wide variety of topics you can easily talk about here from the latest in laser therapy at dermatology offices and at home TCA skin peels for treating acne and wrinkles. Acne is and always will be a big topic as will wrinkles and their respective treatments. For more info on at home TCA skin peels please see the link below.
There you have it the top 11 keywords on the internet from Paris Hilton to skin care and skin treatment to Google and American Idol. All with tips on how to use them to make your content have more impact and drive more traffic.
Driving Directions to Sea-Tac Airport
There are many fast and easy ways to get driving directions. If you are a person who plans your travel before leaving home, you probably make sure that you have proper directions before leaving your home. However, some people find that they need to get to a location with no idea of how to get to the location.
When you are going to a meeting, the stress of being lost can make getting to the location even harder. There are a few simple steps you can take to make sure you get to every location on time and with a minimum of false starts. When you are scheduling an appointment by telephone, it is always a good idea to get the major cross street for the location.
Knowing the major cross streets will greatly reduce the amount of driving you must do to try to find an address. This will also save time if you are traveling to an area for the first time. There are many resources available to assure that people do not get lost. Having a device in your vehicle that allows you to program in addresses and leads you to the location with verbal commands is convenient.
These devices are available in different price ranges and have different features and functions, depending on the type of device that you select. Some vehicles come with on-board directional devices. These systems are connected to the same satellite that reports your location via GPS if you are in an accident.
The main difference between the built-in devices and those that are purchased from electronics sources is that they tell you the names of the streets that you should turn on, or are passing as you are moving toward your target location. Another feature of some systems is the ability to get assistance if you are lost.
These systems give you the ability to get more specific directions if you are lost. You can also make several choices based on how you want to get to your location. You may choose the shortest route, avoid highways, make stops at other locations on your way to the location, or much more.
When you are choosing a device for your vehicle, it will be important that you are able to get regular updates easily. Roads and routes can change and being able to update your device using your computer will keep your device current. The device you select should also have an emergency beacon so that if you are lost in an isolated area, you can send out a locator signal and get help. This feature has proven invaluable for people who have been on vacation in isolated areas or areas where they were stranded due to weather or a breakdown.
The best driving directions devices will have a 24-hour customer service line where you can get information if you have questions or issues with your device. The representatives will be able to provide technical advice if you have difficult setting up your system or using it when you are out of your normal traveling area.
How to Create Party Invitation Maps
Every time you get in your car to go anywhere, you are working on achieving a goal. There is somewhere you want to be, so you take action to get there. The three major things that get you where you want to go when driving are a specific destination, directions for getting there, and a way to track your progress. You must also have these three things to achieve any goal.
Before even getting into your car, you must know where you are going. Unless you have a specific destination, you're just moving the car and wasting gas. There isn't anything particularly wrong with this; some people enjoy just driving around and looking at the scenery. But if you want to get somewhere, you must know where you are going.
When setting your goals, you must know exactly what it is that you want. Get a clear picture of it in your mind. If it's a new job, picture yourself in that job. If it's more money, visualize that monthly bank statement. Imagine what you will feel like when you reach whatever it is you are striving for. Write it down, like you would write down the address of a house you are visiting for the first time.
If this is a destination you've been to before, you don't need directions. It's automatic, like tying your shoes or chewing your food. But what if it's somewhere you've never been before? How do you get there?
You ask. You ask someone who's been there before. You pull out a map. You check the Internet. The directions may not be perfect, and often they aren't. "It's either the second or third light, I can't remember which," is something often heard when getting driving directions. But you get the best directions you can.
Goal setting is the same. You get in touch with others who already have what you want. You read books, you listen to tapes, you attend seminars. You get as much information as possible that will assist you in reaching your goal.
Tracking Your Progress
You know where you are going and you've got your directions, so now it's time to take some action! You hop in the car and you're off!
But wait! It wasn't the second or third light, it was the fourth! So what do you do when you realize you are off course? You check your map, you pull into the nearest gas station, or you make a phone call. You try to get back on track. But you don't give up! You don't turn around at the first closed road and go back home, saying "I didn't really want to get there anyway." If this were to happen, you'd never get anywhere you hadn't been before, and your life would be pretty limited. Even if you have to head all the way back home, you start again. Eventually, you get to that destination, and isn't it even more exciting when you get there after a difficult journey!
You may get sidetracked on your journey. If you get hungry, you stop for a bite. If you need to use the restroom, you stop to take care of that. But do you stay stopped? Do you sit in the restroom all day, wondering why you aren't where you want to be? No, you do what you need to do and continue on.
Don't quit on your goals, either. There may be setbacks, dead ends, even car accidents. But don't forget that you'll never get there if you don't keep taking action and moving towards your destination. When that prospect says no, it's not a failure; it's another mile under your belt. When nothing seems to happen for a long period of time, you're just getting closer to that next landmark. If you're not sure what to do next, don't be too embarrassed to stop and ask for those directions!
- Www Yahoo Maps And Directions in Missouri
- Google Mapquest Ca in Missouri
- Mapquest Website in Missouri
- Questmap Direction in Missouri
- Classic Mapquest Maps in Missouri
- Www Mapquest Com Ontario in Missouri
- Yahoo Driving Maps Directions Mapquest in Missouri
- Map.yahoo.com in Missouri
- Questmap Direction in Missouri
- Mapquest Driving Direstions in Missouri
- Yahh Maps in Missouri