Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
General Motors has decided to shut down its plant in Gunsan, South Korea, and the President of the country, Moon Jae-in, is less than impressed with the decision, which will remove thousands of jobs from the area. However, GM states that it had little choice in the matter, with inefficiencies in production, constant labor strikes, and pressure from Korean domestic manufacturers all contributing to the plant closure decision.
While the Saab brand became extinct in 2011, with its various assets being sold off across the globe, the legacy vehicles from the manufacturer keep rolling on roads worldwide. And, Orio North America, a major supplier of legacy OEM Saab parts, intends to keep it that way for years to come. The company’s “Parts for Life” warranty program ensures that current owners of Saab vehicles will have maintenance taken care of for as long as they wish to hold onto their vehicle.
The X4 is BMWs latest fastback. A hybrid of a crossover and hatchback, you get the speed and handling of a hatchback with the room of a crossover. The car doesn’t disappoint, using the drivetrain of the larger X3 but putting it in a more compact body lends to its speed and zip. It also cruises off the line, clocking in at 4.4 seconds from 0 to 60.
- Attractive L-shaped taillights and a license-plate mounting point relocated to the rear bumper give the SUV’s tail a more dynamic shape than before.
- Notably, every X4 comes standard with a giant 10.3-inch touchscreen by which occupants can control its infotainment and navigation functions, as well as LED head- and taillights and a forward-collision-warning system with low-speed automated emergency braking.
- A head-up display and a panoramic sunroof are optional, as are additional active-safety features such as adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist.
“Likewise, the X4 cribs the X3’s two powertrains: A 248-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four powers the X4 xDrive30i, while the performance-oriented X4 M40i uses a 355-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six.”
There are many exciting winter festivals in Europe each year that people come to despite the cold. There a wide variety of them all over Europe that involve many different activities from watching the sunrise to ice sculptures to fire festivals. You can see a variety of things. A few of them are the Amsterdam light festival, Winter Solstice, Snow and Ice Sculpture Festival, La Tamborrada, Fête du Citron, Up Helly Aa, Edinburgh’s Hogmany, and Carnivals. These were just a few listed of the many that you can check out if you are in Europe during winter time.
- During the Light Festival (which this year featured famed artist Ai Weiwei among others) the canals and the bridges were decorated with light displays of every kind, shape, and form.
- The crowd can be loud during the evening, but in the quiet morning, witnessing the sun rising over the 5,000-year-old megalithic structure of Stonehenge is quite the spectacle.
- There is more than one Ice Festival in Belgium, but the Snow and Ice Festival in Bruges is probably the most varied.
“During the Light Festival (which this year featured famed artist Ai Weiwei among others) the canals and the bridges were decorated with light displays of every kind, shape, and form.”
Toyota has released a photo which might be showing the new Supra. They also put a date, time, and place for the unveiling. Some features of the car are a double-bubble roof, a large pedestal wing, a ducktail-style rear decklid, and pronounced rear shoulders. This might mean that Toyota is bringing back the most iconic sports car.
- The photo shows a double-bubble roof, a large pedestal wing, a ducktail-style rear decklid, and pronounced rear shoulders.
- It is possible that Toyota will release this concept under the Gazoo Racing umbrella, with an accompanying announcement that it expects to race the car, but that’s just more speculation for now.
- And not only that, but Toyota put a date, time, and place on the unveiling as well: Tuesday, March 6, at 3:45 a.m. ET, at the Geneva auto show.
“Finally. After what feels like a lifetime of rumors, spy photos, and speculation, Toyota has released a teaser photo touting a “modern racing concept” that we believe will be the first official look at the new Supra.”
Rolls Royce, a brand which oozes opulence and wealth, will soon lend itself to the SUV market with its latest entry, the Cullinan. This car is named after a massive diamond found in South Africa, and of course like that diamond will come with many facets you are looking for. It’s still in prototype, but the car has tested in extreme conditions, so expect it to be all road drive.
The Mercedes-Benz C class sedan has been a stalwart of the luxury car sector, providing drivers with comfort and performance for years now. However, as Mercedes updates its offerings and redesigns its brand, this standby will be seeing some changes. While the newest model isn’t a complete refresh, it does get some upgrades, including technology being passed down from higher-end lines within Mercedes’ portfolio of offerings. Additionally, while the powertrain is the same tried-and-true system we’ve seen under the hood for a while, updates to the engine provide a boost to horsepower. Look for more changes to come.
- The turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four now produces 255 horsepower, up from 241.
- Mercedes-Benz also upped the C’s tech game; it now has a new key fob, a redesigned engine-start button, standard smartphone integration, and available Intelligent Drive assist system.
- Completely new models not named G-class will feature smooth, creaseless bodies created to be, Mercedes says, beautiful, pure forms.
“Going forward, completely new models not named G-class will feature smooth, creaseless bodies created to be, Mercedes says, beautiful, pure forms”
With this year’s Winter Olympics, a lot of people are focusing on the appears of South Korea in the winter. And with good reason, as there are a lot of pleasurable and fascinating cultural activities available. But, one fact remains – it is cold? So, how does one enjoy the winter without freezing? Here are a few tricks. First, always be looking for warm, delicious street food. Second, buy hand warmers – they’re cheap! And third, dress in layers, so you can bundle up or strip down as needed.
European rail operator Eurostar is well known for its Chunnel services between London and Paris. But, starting on February 20, it will be expanding its offerings to the Continent, as it initiates rail service between London and Amsterdam. The new service will run twice a day from St. Pancras in London, and with tickets starting at about $49 USD each direction. While there is existing rail service on this route, this will be the only non-stop, high-speed offering, allowing riders to save over two hours versus the existing route.